Thought 2. Society deteriorates and crumbles when it neglects the teaching and commandments of Christ.
20) Jesus Christ, Presence: Jesus promised to be with His followers—always.
1. Note the word “lo,” or behold. Christ used this striking word to get the attention of His followers, to startle them to
wake up and listen. He was about to encourage them in the great task He had charged to their care.
2. Note the great promise: “I am with you.” He gave emphatic assurance: not “I will be with you,” but “I am with
you.” Christ is with the believer as the believer goes forth to make disciples of all nations. Christ is with us...
• every step • every day • when poor • when abused
• every decision • every hour • when having nothing • when sick
• every trial • every sorrow • when having plenty • when facing death
• every joy • when without
3. Note the boundless promise: “alway, even unto the end of the world.” There is not a moment when Christ is not
with the believer to help him in his witness, even if his witness means abuse, persecution, and martyrdom.
“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them”
“Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you
alway, even unto the end of the world” (Mt.28:20).
“Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for
he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my
helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me” (Heb.13:5-6).
“And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring
thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee
“Fear thou not; For I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee;
yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness” (Is.41:10).
“When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall
not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the
flame kindle upon thee” (Is.43:2).
Return to Table of Contents
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39