This page has been supplied by Dean Alcock,
USSF National C License Coach
1 v 1
on three goals
Why do it?
• The remaining players stand behind the goals to
retrieve balls. Every 30 seconds, three new pairs take
• To encourage creativity in 1 v 1
• To help players’ decision making on
when to dribble and when to shoot
Don’t just copy it, improve it!
• To provide players confidence and
• Attackers must dribble or shoot through one of the
success in goal scoring
opposition’s goals to score. (The goals can be made
How to do it? • Individual or team competition: Which player/team can
• Three players from each group take score the most goals?
the field to play three simultaneous • Play only two goals on each endline
1 vs. 1’s. • Play 3 v 3
• Attackers may shoot at any of the
opposition’s three small goals.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PLAN
6 : SPORT IQ SOCCER