The Shooting Gallery
Why do it?
• To introduce the techniques of shooting and to encourage power and accuracy
• To encourage team competition
• To include fun into technique drills
How to do it?
• A line of tall cones are placed between two shooting teams (e.g. Real Madrid V Barcelona).
• Each player on one team has a ball and on the coach’s command they shoot aiming to knock
over/move a cone.
• If successful they score points for their team. The other team collect the balls and get
6 – 8
ready for their own go.
• First team to 10 wins.
Don’t copy it, improve it!
• Which team is winning after 5 rounds?
• How about taking away cones which have been hit to make fewer targets?
• Move players further back to avoid a side foot passing technique
• More points for cones being hit furthest from the line
• Line up cones like dominoes, how many cones can be knocked over?
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PLAN
SPORT IQ SOCCER : 5