Why study in Ireland?
Ireland, an independent, English-speaking country in Western Europe is an
increasingly popular destination for students from all over the world. The
steady growth in international student numbers reflects the unique
combination of quality education and exhilarating cultural experience
offered in Ireland. Irish people are renowned for their friendliness and
hospitality, which greatly contributes to the ease with which international Why Tipperary Institute?
students adapt to student life in Ireland.
Tipperary Institute (TI) is a state-owned specialised higher education institute with two campuses located in Thurles and
Clonmel, towns with populations of 8000 and 18000 respectively. It was established by the Irish Government to promote
A member of the European Union (EU) since 1973, Ireland is a thoroughly
sustainable social and economic development. It offers nationally accredited Degrees which are internationally recognised.
modern nation. For the last decade the Irish economy has consistently
boasted the highest growth rate in the EU and indeed, one of the highest
TI has extensive learning resources and state of the art multimedia technology and computer laboratories. Students are
growth rates in the world. The economy is particularly well developed in
provided with every opportunity to maximise their learning opportunities. The campus environment is small and friendly
the areas of software development, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and
and includes international students from China, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Russia, Australia, Belgium, France, United Kingdom
international services. The quality of our education system is often
and Germany, as well as from Ireland. Currently 95% of the student population is Irish.
highlighted as a major contributing factor to the rapid and sustained rate
of economic growth. Ireland maintains a very high standard in all its
Tipperary Institute offers:
higher education colleges. Irish qualifications are widely recognised
• Degree programmes in Computing, Business and Rural Development, including:
throughout the globe and Irish graduates head up many famous
- A three-year honours degree in Accounting and Finance, designed to give students maximum exemptions from
professional accounting examinations
- An Information Technology degree in Creative Multimedia that provides the student with specialised technological
skills combined with creative awareness.
- Degrees in Computing with a specialisation in either Software Development or Games Design, giving students the
opportunity to work with the latest technologies available.
• Small class sizes and individual attention with excellent teaching staff.
• Cutting-edge technology:
- One computer for every three students
- Access to a Recording Studio for Digital Video and Sound.
- Full Photography Facilities - traditional and digital
• Most courses have Work Placements organised by TI in a range of national and
internationally recognised companies which have included Iona Technologies, Thomson
Learning, Apple and Dell Computers.
• Both campuses are small, friendly locations with relatively low living costs.
• TI graduates are employed in international companies such as Sony, Ericsson and Oracle
Cashel N10 Enniscorthy
N76 New Ross
Tipperary N9 Wexford
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7